Positive Legacy Recap
Jam Cruise 12 Recap
Positive Legacy would like to thank everyone who contributed in anyway to make Jam Cruise 12 a success for the organization. Below is a comprehensive recap of everything achieved onboard and in-port...
Thanks to your kind donations there are a lot of happy little ladies in Jamaica, breaking out their new colorful notebooks, pencils and markers.
Thanks to all the Jam Cruisers that brought school supplies for the charity donation drive. The Granville Place for Safety in Falmouth, Jamaica graciously received your thoughtful items.
Jammin in Jamaica
• 35 girls from Granville Place of Safety had an amazing musical experience by participating in Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool . Granville serves young women 8 to 18, who have experienced abuse, abandonment and/or neglect. The Granville director shared that it was a really wonderful experience for the girls since they seldom have the opportunity to leave the facility. Thank you to the Bob Moog Foundation for your service!
• Two pallets of clothes, school supplies and personal care items were delivered to the girls that day.
• LEBO painted a beautiful mural at the stadium, with the help of Jason Koerner, event guests and the girls from Granville – a gorgeous and lasting gift to the community.
• 32 Jam Cruise artists and a number of Jamaican artists jammed together in the Everyone Orchestra. Thank you Matt Butler for all your love and support! See line up below.
• In addition to the $5,000 grant Positive Legacy previously provided to the Astor Black Music & Art Institute, the event revenue allowed us to make an additional $3,800 donation for the construction of a recording studio at the institute.
• Everyone Orchestra Jammin in Jamaica!
Our heart is full of gratitude for all of Matt Butler’s continued support and energy. Once again he brilliantly orchestrated a once in a lifetime Jamaica style musical collaboration, and thank you to the following Jam Cruise artists who jammed with us: The New Mastersounds, ALO, members of MarchFourth Marching Band, Steve Kimock, Allie Kral, Anders Beck (Greensky Bluegrass), Paul Hoffman (Greensky Bluegrass), Michael Girardot (The Revivalists), Nikki Glaspie (Dumpstaphunk), Family Man Barrett (The Wailers), Aston Barret (The Wailers) and Drummie Zeb (The Wailers).
We would like to thank everyone who bid in our charity auction on Day 4! Winners of the silent auction took home autographed photos donated by Dave Vann & Josh Timmerman, a dynamite replica of an amplifier built into a frame of Jam Cruise 11 poster, a seriously stylish custom cape, a gorgeous leather pocket pouch, unique jewelry and many more one-of-a-kind musical items! A special thanks to members of The New Mastersounds' Eddie Roberts and Joe Tatton for performing a sweet jazz set during the silent auction! Thanks to Mike Olmos for his beautiful trumpet accompaniment as well. The live auction was successful in raising funds for all of our beneficiaries. Sending out a deep thank you to those who placed bids on the guitars autographed by all of the Jam Cruise 12 artists! When you spend your dollars on items like these you truly make a positive difference. Keep us in mind for future donations, email@example.com.
Positive Legacy Celebration with Everyone Orchestra
We are eternally grateful for the support of the talented Matt Butler. Butler conducted another legendary set with Everyone Orchestra in celebration of Positive Legacy and the Green Team. This year the Black and White Lounge was overflowing with good vibrations invoked by the sweet sounds of the boat’s best musicians:
Bill Evans, Jennifer Hartswick, Vitor Wooten, Phil Abair, Chris Chew, Jans Ingber, Anders Beck, Paul Hoffman, Allie Kral, Zach Gill, Kofi Burbridge, Joel Cummins, Dan Lebowitz, Steve Kimock, Mike Dillon, and Carly Myers.
Thank you Jam Cruise patrons who traveled responsibly, by offsetting the emissions from your travel to Miami for Jam Cruise 12! A $15 carbon offset donation helps a Guatemalan family reduce their firewood consumption by 50%, helps a Haitian family plant fruit trees that will nourish their kids, and generate income, and helps a Honduran family switch from Kerosene lanterns to clean solar lighting. If you haven’t already, make it your mission to leave a positive impact on your Cloud 9 Adventure this year – offset your carbon footprint with Trees, Water & People!